The Best Poker News Story of the Day
Women make up only a small portion of the professional poker world. In 50 years of the World Series of Poker, no woman has ever won the Main Event –…
Daria Feschenko is the latest player to join Team888. From playing in underground poker clubs in Russia to studying linguistics at University and becoming Miss Bikini Eurasia, it’s been a…
It was just last year that Justin Bonomo made it to the Number 1 spot of the All-Time Money List on Hendon Mob, and he’s already been overtaken. Bryn Kenney…
Last month, Pennsylvania become the fourth American state to launch online casino games. Players across the state are now able to play slots and table games, but there has been…
Anonymity is one of the many benefits of playing poker online, but this won’t be the case much longer for some players on partypoker. The online poker site will soon…
Things have been a little bit complicated in Australia’s online poker market as lawmakers across the country figure how to regulate online gambling. In the meantime, Aussie players can still…
After over a week of intense poker action, Hossein Ensan has emerged victorious as the winner of the WSOP 2019 Main Event. He’ll be taking home a huge $10…
The Poker Hall of Fame has welcomed two new inductees, Chris Moneymaker and David Oppenheim. They are the 57th and 58th players to receive this exclusive and prestigious honor. How…
The World Series of Poker’s Main Event is down to five players. With a $12 million grand prize up for grabs, we’re looking forward to some thrilling scenes. All of…
James Holzhauer took down the competition over 32 episodes of Jeopardy, and now he has his sights set on the World Series of Poker. He’ll be taking part in several…
partypoker has rolled out its latest software update and, while it was designed to create a more “rec friendly” online gaming environment, it has been met with plenty of criticism…
For Robert Campbell, winning a World Series of Poker has been “so close yet so far” for four years. Ever since 2015, he has been making final tables but failing…
We’re not even halfway through the 2019 World Series of Poker, but there’s already a runaway lead in the race for the Player of the Year. Dan Zack is ahead…
Knowing that this year would be the 50th anniversary of the World Series of Poker, we expected some impressive numbers – but this has surpassed our expectations by a long…
In his fourth year entering the World Series of Poker, Ben Heath has won his first bracelet. While taking down the $50,000 High Roller would be an incredible milestone for…
Want to catch all of the exciting action of the World Series of Poker? You don’t have to be in Vegas to witness the biggest events of the tournament. In…
PokerStars is in the process of rolling out a new software graphics engine. Aurora will present players with new animations, graphics, sound effects and interactive elements. The new graphics engine…
With total live earnings of more than $26 million and 10 WSOP bracelets, Phil Ivey is one of the most accomplished poker players in the world and his secret to…
The online poker market is a busy place, but this is just ridiculous. PokerStars has just dealt its 200 billionth hand, marking a huge milestone in the company’s legacy. PokerStars…
Online poker in Pennsylvania is set to go live on July 15, and players are eager to engage in legal real-money poker from their computers and mobile devices. The next…
Poker is becoming a huge industry in India, with players across the country flocking to play the game at both online and land-based venues. To take advantage of this boom,…
In the most recent development in the edge-sorting case between the poker superstar Phil Ivey and Atlantic City Borgata Casino, the court has given the green light to Borgata to…
The Pentagon has an interesting new employee. Libratus, the AI poker bot who won $1.8 million in chips from four professional poker players, will be drafted into the American military…
It’s been over two years since Phil Galfond, one of the best-known faces in the high stakes online poker community, announced his plans to launch a new, player-focused online poker site….
Two poker players recently found themselves in one of the strangest prop bets in poker history, as Rory Young had bet Rich Alati that he wouldn’t be able to tough…
Dave “The Devilfish” Ulliott has been one of the most influential and entertaining players in the poker world, credited for helping poker gain popularity across Europe. Even after his untimely…
We’re barely into 2019, and the American online poker market has seen a flurry of activity. Lawmakers in various states have been busy trying to legalize and regulate the game,…
Long gone are the days of poker boom when everybody and their dog were looking to poker as a way to “make it in life.” Over the years, games have…
Poker tournaments come in all shapes and sizes but those with a buy-in venturing into the five-figures’ territory are usually reserved for the “big fish.” Events that cost $25,000 to…
Several days ago, World Series of Poker officials have published the preliminary WSOP 2019 schedule. Although this is far from a complete list, the schedule provides very good insights into…
- 1 The Best Poker News Story of the Day
- 1.1 Poker Queens Documentary Coming Soon to Amazon Prime
- 1.2 Daria Feshchenko Joins Team888
- 1.3 Bryn Kenney Replaces Justin Bonomo at the Top of the All-Time Money List
- 1.4 When Is Online Poker Coming to Pennsylvania?
- 1.5 High Roller Games at partypoker To Use Real Names in August
- 1.6 Bodog to Re-Enter Australian Poker Market
- 1.7 Hossein Ensan Wins WSOP 2019 Main Event for $10 Million
- 1.8 Poker Hall of Fame Welcomes Chris Moneymaker and David Oppenheim
- 1.9 Five Left in the WSOP Main Event, Competing for Their 1st Bracelet
- 1.10 Jeopardy Champ James Holzhauer To Donate WSOP Winnings
- 1.11 No More Downloadable Hand Histories on partypoker
- 1.12 8th Time’s a Charm for Robert Campbell, Wins First WSOP Bracelet
- 1.13 Dan Zack Is Well on His Way to Becoming 2019’s WSOP Player of the Year
- 1.14 WSOP Big 50 Attracts a Record-Breaking 28,371 Runners
- 1.15 Ben Heath Wins First WSOP Bracelet After Final Table Blunder
- 1.16 Stream WSOP Bracelet Events on CBS All Access
- 1.17 A Look at PokerStars’ New Aurora Software
- 1.18 Phil Ivey Releasing a Poker Strategy MasterClass
- 1.19 PokerStars Deals 200 Billionth Hand, Pays $10K to Players
- 1.20 Pennsylvania Online Poker Going Live on July 15
- 1.21 PokerStars.in Traffic Jumps Thanks to Bollywood Star Nawaz Siddiqi
- 1.22 Borgata Gets Green Light to Go After Ivey’s Nevada Assets
- 1.23 Pentagon Hires AI Poker Robot for Army War Game Training
- 1.24 Run It Once Poker Site Goes Live in Open Beta
- 1.25 Prop Bet Sends Poker Player into Solitary Confinement
- 1.26 Devilfish Documentary Coming Later This Month
- 1.27 Big Things Are Happening for US Poker Legislation in 2019
- 1.28 Poker Dream Lives: PSPC Qualifier Bags Staggering $5.1 Million
- 1.29 PokerStars Players Championship the Biggest Ever $25,000 Event
- 1.30 Start Planning Now: Preliminary WSOP 2019 Schedule Is Out
- 2 Poker News FAQs
- 2.1 Why follow your poker news instead of the big guys?
- 2.2 Do you cover online poker news?
- 2.3 Do you provide updated poker news for US players?
- 2.4 What about news on the US poker legal front?
- 2.5 Does Beat The Fish cover tournament poker news?
Poker News FAQs
Why follow your poker news instead of the big guys?
The poker news section is populated with stories that I feel will mostly likely matter to you as a player. What does that mean exactly?
Firstly, no one is going to top the big teams and massive coverage at the namesake poker news site anytime soon. They’ve largely perfected it and every day you can find straightforward reporting on dozens of poker news minutiae.
That’s not what I want to do with Beat The Fish Poker News. Tapping myself and a small team of experienced news writers I want to narrow the focus of poker news, bringing players the most significant stories of the week with personality.
What type of poker news will I find here?
Essentially, I want to give players the type of poker news coverage I look for myself.
- New Events Coming to This Year’s WSOP Schedule
- US state passes bill regulating online poker
- Results from the latest WSOP bracelet event
- High-stakes online winners and losers
- Poker pro wins lawsuit against cardroom
I don’t like to wade through dozens of insignificant stories to get to the ones about the biggest high-stakes games of the week, the newest laws affecting US players, and the results of the biggest tournaments of the year. I want to give you the wheat without the chaff.
The Internet is information overload incarnate and big poker news sites are no different. Let us hand-pick the stories you’ll want to know to stay informed about the poker world. We promise to minimize the time spent in front of your eyeballs.
Poker news you won’t find here
- 37-year-old plumber wins Indiana Poker Circuit Main Event for $6,850
- PokerStars set to add 451st tournament to daily schedule
- Daniel Negreanu Tweets that he likes New Star Wars Movie
- Bottomfeeder Poker Announced New Rakeback Scheme
Do you cover online poker news?
Absolutely, and with online poker sites keeping players in the dark by design getting current online poker news could save your bankroll.
Who is launching that you want to know about? Who is having trouble paying players? Who is running a promotion unique enough that you will actually care about it?
Making a list of minor self-serving promos isn’t news. It’s advertisement. That isn’t the kind of online poker news you’ll find in this space.
Do you provide updated poker news for US players?
Yes, and it will be a major focus. The night the UIGEA passed in 2006 I turned off C-SPAN in disgust (I guarantee that’s the only time you’ll see me write that phrase) and became devoted to poker news for US players
I knew how important information was going to be – getting facts directly to players that cut through the misinformation all over the media.
I also think US poker news is the only way to keep current players updated as to what the status is of where they’re playing. The poker sites aren’t going to tell you when they are in trouble.
What about news on the US poker legal front?
As select US states have finally realized what the federal government hasn’t, namely that online poker should be regulated and taxed, an entire subset of poker news can be devoted to legal news.
The latest regulated US poker news on which states have introduced new legislation, the latest numbers and studies, which poker rooms are launching, and which corrupt politicians are attacking our favorite game are all included in our coverage.
Does Beat The Fish cover tournament poker news?
Yes, although not in the same way as the poker media heavyweights. We cover the most essential tournament poker news without filler, from the bracelet events of the World Series of Poker to the largest online events.