The Best Poker News Story of the Day
Kicking off on Halloween, October 31, this year’s High Five tournament series on America’s Cardroom will last until November 4 and will feature a grand total of $1.5 million in guaranteed prizes…
Virtual reality is becoming a major trend in the wider gaming market. PC and console game developers have been experimenting with the technology for years, and online poker companies are…
Long gone are the days of great poker shows like High Stakes Poker and Poker After Dark. These televised games, which used to attract the best of the best playing…
Although we’ve heard the talk about poker dying and not losing its popularity over the past couple of years, numbers don’t seem to agree. This year’s World Championship of Online…
The summer leg of the World Series of Poker is behind us but we still have some Series action ahead of us this year. Namely, the WSOP Europe 2018 is…
Short Deck or 6+ Hold’em has been gaining a lot of popularity lately, threatening to become the next big thing in the poker world. Its popularity was seriously boosted by…
An overwhelming number of cryptocurrency projects have popped up on the heels of Bitcoin’s ascendance and the ease of creating Ethereum-based smart tokens. With some similarities and some distinctive features,…
A big part of playing winning poker is being able to fold your bad hands before the flop. Sometimes, this can mean you don’t play a single hand for an…
The biggest buy-in tournament of the WSOP 2018 finished a few days ago. It was Justin Bonomo who took the prestigious first place in the $1,000,000 Big One for One Drop…
Justin Bonomo has had a great summer in Las Vegas, and in the early morning hours of today, he rounded things up with a win in the $1,000,000 Big One…
Busting out of the Main Event just before the final table is one of the biggest heartbreaks in poker, even though that unlucky player usually gets to take home a…
It’s been a long time since one player managed to seize two Main Event titles. The last man who made it happen was Johnny Chan who went back to back…
The biggest poker tournament of the year, the World Series of Poker Main Event, is well under way, as there are were just 310 players remaining after yesterday’s Day 4…
The 2018 edition of the World Series of Poker is well underway. We’ve already seen more than 60 players add a WSOP bracelet to their resumes – some doing it…
In case you’ve somehow missed it, the player currently sitting on top of the all-time tournament winners’ list Daniel ‘KidPoker’ Negreanu has joined Masterclass to offer his very own poker…
Although the WSOP Main Event is widely regarded as the World Championship of poker, many believe that the $50,000 Players Championship is the most prestigious event of the Series. This…
A few nights ago, one of the biggest legends of the poker world, Doyle Brunson, the man often referred to as “Godfather of Poker,” announced he was playing his last…
Things have been going right for Justin Bonomo over the past few months as his professional career has been going nowhere but up. The crown of Bonomo’s latest success came a couple…
Online poker giant PokerStars seems determined to come up with a new variation of the most popular poker game out there, Texas Hold’em. Only a few weeks ago, the room introduced…
The long-awaited World Series of Poker 2018 has finally gotten underway in Las Vegas and we have another poker-filled summer ahead of us. For poker fans and players alike, this…
The current week has been a very eventful one when it comes to gambling laws in the US. Namely, on Monday, the US Supreme Court decided to overturn PASPA (Professional…
We haven’t heard much from or about Phil Ivey as of late, save for the developments in his baccarat edge sorting cases. Once one of the most recognizable TV faces…
Run It Once Poker, an online poker room that’s been in the works for some time now, the brain-child of the well-known high stakes pro Phil Galfond, is slowly but surely…
Spring is a beautiful time of year for many reasons but if you ask a random people out in the street why they love spring, the odds are poker will…
America’s Cardroom is one of the largest US-facing poker rooms. This puts the operator in a rather favorable position at one hand, where they cater to a large segment of…
While China may not be one of the first countries to think of when talking about online poker, the fact is the country has a very large market with numerous…
We haven’t heard too much from ‘ElkY’ since his announcement about leaving PokerStars. The seasoned gamer turned poker-pro had been a part of PokerStars Team Pro for over a decade…
Every year, World Series of Poker tries to introduce few novelties to the schedule with regards to the number of events as well as their structures. This year will be…
After making an announcement about 2018 being a great year, it seems that Gus Hansen is definitely back in the mix and we will be seeing more of the Great…
Over the recent period, PokerStars has been rather imaginative with their ideas for new games. Not so long ago, the room introduced Power Up Hold’em, an interesting mix of traditional…
- 1 The Best Poker News Story of the Day
- 1.1 ACR High Five 420-Themed Series Featuring $1.5 Million in Guarantees
- 1.2 Virtual Reality Poker on the Way from PokerStars
- 1.3 High Stakes Triton Cash Games: Bringing Excitement Back in Poker
- 1.4 WCOOP 2018 Proves Poker Is Still Well & Thriving
- 1.5 WSOP Europe 2018 Set to Kick Off in a Week’s Time
- 1.6 ACR Starts Offering 6+ (Short Deck) Hold’em Tables
- 1.7 HEROcoin Could be the Answer to Online Poker’s Trust Problem
- 1.8 PokerStars Introduces UNFOLD Hold’em: Rabbit Hunting Is Mandatory!
- 1.9 A Curious Case of an Exposed Ace in the 2018 WSOP Big One for One Drop
- 1.10 Justin Bonomo Wins One Drop for $10,000,000, Tops All Time Money List
- 1.11 2018 WSOP Main Event Winner Gets Satisfaction for Disappointing 2016 Finish
- 1.12 Joe Cada Makes 2018 Main Event Final Table: 2009 Champion Going for it Again
- 1.13 WSOP 2018 Main Event Down to Last 200: Largest Field in Last 12 Years
- 1.14 Quest for New Champion Begins: WSOP 2018 Main Event Kicks Off Tonight
- 1.15 Daniel Negreanu MasterClass: Is It a Great Opportunity to Learn Poker?
- 1.16 Michael Mizrachi Makes History: Third WSOP Players Championship Title
- 1.17 Doyle Brunson’s “Last WSOP Tournament” Tweet Creates Some Confusion
- 1.18 Justin Bonomo Set to Make History After Claiming His Second WSOP Gold
- 1.19 Showtime Hold’em: New Hold’em Variation at PokerStars
- 1.20 WSOP 2018 Gets Underway: First Bracelet in the Books
- 1.21 PASPA Finally Overturned: Good News for Online Poker in the USA?
- 1.22 Phil Ivey at WSOP 2018: Tiger Woods of Poker Is Back?
- 1.23 Galfond Reveals: Run It Once Poker Coming Out with no HUDs
- 1.24 PokerStars SCOOP 2018 Gets Under Way: Celebrating 10th Anniversary
- 1.25 Americas Cardroom Experiencing Severe DDoS Attacks – Again
- 1.26 New Poker Crackdown Looming: Online Poker in China No More After June 1st?
- 1.27 Bertrand ‘ElkY’ Grospellier Turns Party Poker Ambassador
- 1.28 WSOP 2018 Blind Ante Model Introduced for Eight Events
- 1.29 Gus Hansen in 2018: It’s Time to Get Better in Poker
- 1.30 PokerStars Introduces Split Hold’em with Two Full Community Boards
- 2 Poker News FAQs
- 2.1 Why follow your poker news instead of the big guys?
- 2.2 Do you cover online poker news?
- 2.3 Do you provide updated poker news for US players?
- 2.4 What about news on the US poker legal front?
- 2.5 Does Beat The Fish cover tournament poker news?
Poker News FAQs
Why follow your poker news instead of the big guys?
The poker news section is populated with stories that I feel will mostly likely matter to you as a player. What does that mean exactly?
Firstly, no one is going to top the big teams and massive coverage at the namesake poker news site anytime soon. They’ve largely perfected it and every day you can find straightforward reporting on dozens of poker news minutiae.
That’s not what I want to do with Beat The Fish Poker News. Tapping myself and a small team of experienced news writers I want to narrow the focus of poker news, bringing players the most significant stories of the week with personality.
What type of poker news will I find here?
Essentially, I want to give players the type of poker news coverage I look for myself.
- New Events Coming to This Year’s WSOP Schedule
- US state passes bill regulating online poker
- Results from the latest WSOP bracelet event
- High-stakes online winners and losers
- Poker pro wins lawsuit against cardroom
I don’t like to wade through dozens of insignificant stories to get to the ones about the biggest high-stakes games of the week, the newest laws affecting US players, and the results of the biggest tournaments of the year. I want to give you the wheat without the chaff.
The Internet is information overload incarnate and big poker news sites are no different. Let us hand-pick the stories you’ll want to know to stay informed about the poker world. We promise to minimize the time spent in front of your eyeballs.
Poker news you won’t find here
- 37-year-old plumber wins Indiana Poker Circuit Main Event for $6,850
- PokerStars set to add 451st tournament to daily schedule
- Daniel Negreanu Tweets that he likes New Star Wars Movie
- Bottomfeeder Poker Announced New Rakeback Scheme
Do you cover online poker news?
Absolutely, and with online poker sites keeping players in the dark by design getting current online poker news could save your bankroll.
Who is launching that you want to know about? Who is having trouble paying players? Who is running a promotion unique enough that you will actually care about it?
Making a list of minor self-serving promos isn’t news. It’s advertisement. That isn’t the kind of online poker news you’ll find in this space.
Do you provide updated poker news for US players?
Yes, and it will be a major focus. The night the UIGEA passed in 2006 I turned off C-SPAN in disgust (I guarantee that’s the only time you’ll see me write that phrase) and became devoted to poker news for US players
I knew how important information was going to be – getting facts directly to players that cut through the misinformation all over the media.
I also think US poker news is the only way to keep current players updated as to what the status is of where they’re playing. The poker sites aren’t going to tell you when they are in trouble.
What about news on the US poker legal front?
As select US states have finally realized what the federal government hasn’t, namely that online poker should be regulated and taxed, an entire subset of poker news can be devoted to legal news.
The latest regulated US poker news on which states have introduced new legislation, the latest numbers and studies, which poker rooms are launching, and which corrupt politicians are attacking our favorite game are all included in our coverage.
Does Beat The Fish cover tournament poker news?
Yes, although not in the same way as the poker media heavyweights. We cover the most essential tournament poker news without filler, from the bracelet events of the World Series of Poker to the largest online events.